Neonatology at a Glance provides a concise, illustrated overview of neonatal medicine. Written by leading international experts, it provides essential information on perinatal medicine, delivery, the normal newborn infant and neonatal problems encountered in neonatal intensive care units and their management.
Each topic is supported by excellent illustrations, diagrams, and, for the first time, video clips to show neonatal resuscitation and stabilizing the sick newborn, normal examination, the baby with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, recognition of seizures and practical procedures.
Neonatology at a Glance:
• Provides up to date coverage of the important conditions you will encounter
• Covers challenging topics including pain, ethical issues, quality improvement, evidence based medicine and palliative care
• Features new sections on fetal medicine, respiratory support, therapeutic hypothermia, amplified EEG and perinatal neuroimaging
• Integrates invaluable details about practical procedures including neonatal resuscitation and transport
• Supplemented by video materials and artwork which can be viewed via the companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/neonatology
Neonatology at a Glance is the perfect guide for all health professionals looking after newborn infants, including pediatric trainees, medical students, neonatal nurse practitioners and neonatal nurses, therapists and midwives. For neonatologists, pediatricians and nurse tutors it is a valuable resource to assist with teaching.
Login to buy access to this content.