The definitive guide to thoracic spine pathologies and state-of-the-art surgical approaches
Surgery of the Thoracic Spine: Principles and Techniques by renowned spine surgeons Ali Baaj, Kumar Kakarla, and Han Jo Kim fills a gap in the literature, with content focused solely on pathologies and surgical techniques of the thoracic spine and vertebral column. Starting with a thoughtful discussion on the uniqueness of the thoracic region as it relates to pulmonary function, the richly illustrated textbook covers a full spectrum of topics from biomechanics and anesthetic considerations to neuromonitoring and neuronavigation.
With contributions from a cadre of distinguished experts, the book encompasses pathophysiology, surgical techniques, and reconstructive strategies for common degenerative, congenital, oncologic, and traumatic diseases of the thoracic spine. Dedicated chapters cover treatment options for different types of scoliosis, Scheuermann kyphosis, proximal junctional deformity, and posttraumatic deformity.
- Treatment of common degenerative conditions including stenosis and disc herniations
- Management of less common inflammatory and infectious spinal diseases such as spondylarthropathies, osteomyelitis, discitis, and fungal and tubercular infections
- Oncologic topics including primary, intradural extramedullary, and intramedullary spinal cord tumors and thoracic spine metastases
- Surgical treatment of pediatric and adult deformities including congenital, idiopathic, and degenerative scoliosis
- Classification of thoracic spinal fractures, discussion of complete and incomplete thoracic spinal cord injuries, posterior and ventral treatment of thoracic spine fractures, and osteoporotic compression fractures
This is an invaluable evaluation and management tool for neurosurgical and orthopaedic residents and practicing spine surgeons who treat patients with common to complex thoracic spinal pathologies.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Login to buy access to this content.