Are you seeking brief, up-to-date, expert advice for common issues that can be encountered when working with athletes?
Quick Questions in Heat-Related Illness and Hydration: Expert Advice in Sports Medicine provides a unique format of concise and to-the-point responses with clinical application, backed by the latest research on heat-related illnesses and hydration issues common among athletes.
Dr. Rebecca M. Lopez and her contributors present 39 common clinical questions regarding topics such as how much and what kinds of fluids are optimal for performance and preventing illness, how to calculate an individual’s sweat rate, and the effect of supplements on hydration.
Co-published with the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, Quick Questions in Heat Related Illness and Hydration: Expert Advice in Sports Medicine provides concise answers to 39 frequently asked clinical questions. Written in a conversational tone, the authors of the individual questions represent a variety of different backgrounds and are experts in their respective field. The variety of questions and brevity of responses will make this a book that is easy to read and reference at the point of care.
Some sample sections and questions include:
- Is it possible to prevent death from exertional heat stroke?
- What temperature devices are valid when measuring internal body temperature in an exercising individual?
- Does cold-water immersion cause shock or other adverse events?
- What are the best methods of assessing environmental conditions and what modifications should be made to work to rest ratios, practices and games based on the environment?
Return to play
- What is the proper functional progression for an athlete returning to play following exertional heat stroke?
- What are the most practical, valid methods of measuring hydration status in athletes?
Quick Questions in Heat-Related Illness and Hydration: Expert Advice in Sports Medicine is the perfect at-your-side resource for the athletic trainer, team physician, or sports medicine clinician looking for practical answers to heat-related illness and hydration questions. The concise and conversational tone allows the reader to readily apply the information into their everyday practice.
Login to buy access to this content.