A tactical guide for radiologists and nuclear medicine physicians, Diagnostic Imaging: Nuclear Medicine, Second Edition is practical, easy-to-use, and in-touch with the realities of multimodality diagnostic imaging. This comprehensive yet accessible reference addresses the most appropriate nuclear medicine options available to answer specific clinical questions within the framework of all imaging modalities. Sweeping updates include a complete reorganization, new differential diagnoses based on findings, and new chapters on physics and Nuclear Regulatory Commission guidelines. User-friendly bulleted text and a uniform chapter layout allow fast and effortless access to the crucial knowledge you need!
- Time-saving reference features include bulleted text, a variety of test data tables, key facts in each chapter, 2,000 full-color annotated images, and an extensive index
- Expanded coverage of the most important topics and trends in nuclear medicine including
- Recently revised radioactive iodine therapy guidelines for hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer
- New bone tumor therapy radium-223 (currently indicated for treatment of painful bone metastases in prostate cancer)
- New I-123 ioflupane dopamine transporter imaging for diagnosis of parkinsonian syndromes
- F-18 PET/CT bone scan (particularly its indication for nonaccidental trauma in children)
- Meticulous updates throughout reflect the latest advances as well as all study guide topics listed for the new American Board of Radiology exam, including physics and Nuclear Regulatory Commission guidelines
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
Login to buy access to this content.