Learn dental assisting top to bottom from the best, with the most comprehensive, most current, and most trusted text available. For more than 40 years, students and practitioners alike have relied on Modern Dental Assisting for its cutting-edge content, easy-to-grasp writing style, step-by-step procedures, engaging learning features, and top-notch visuals to master all aspects of dental assisting. The 12th edition showcases a brand-new illustration program and content on technological advances, public health and access to care, teledentistry, infection control guidelines, the Zika virus, Ebola, the oral-systemic health connection, and much more. Written by trusted experts Doni Bird and Debbie Robinson, this is the all-in-one learning resource you need to stay ahead of the curve in the modern world of dental assisting.
- Comprehensive, cutting edge content provides a single, start-to-finish source for dental assisting training.
- Step-by-step procedures use color coding, key-step icons, and clinical photos to demonstrate key dental assisting competencies for both general and expanded functions â€• detailing for each the equipment and supplies, chronological steps, and rationales.
- 70 procedural videos with questions and answers provide you with unlimited practice for clinical encounters.Â
- UNIQUE! Interactive Dental Office program features 25 in-depth case studies with questions, online periodontal charting, and radiographic mounting exercises to help you problem-solve their way through a wide variety of dental conditions and procedures.
- Recall and Critical Thinking questions in each chapter as well as self-assessment questions and an online mock exam provide robust opportunities for practice and application.
- Feature boxes on CDC guidelines, patient education, law and ethics, and future trends summarize recommendations and key applications in practice.
- Chapter key terms are defined at the beginning of each chapter, highlighted within text discussions, and cross-referenced to chapters within the glossary.
- Learning and performance outcomes help you focus on goals, serve as checkpoints for comprehension and skills mastery, and provide study tools for exam preparation.
- NEW! Content on the latest topics affecting dental assisting practice includes technological advancements, public health and access to care, teledentistry, infection control guidelines, the Zika virus, Ebola, the oral-systemic health connection, and much more.
- Revised art program provides vivid original renderings of dental anatomy tooth morphology and dental imaging, along with modern and improved photos of the latest products, equipment, and instruments.
Login to buy access to this content.