By Michael J. Englesbe M.D., Michael W Mulholland MD PhD
Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: LWW; First edition (December 10, 2014)
With a strong focus on technical efficiency, Operative Techniques in Transplant Surgery takes you step by step through every aspect of solid organ transplantation surgery. Using concise text, full-color illustrations, and operative images, it provides detailed coverage of deceased and living donation, as well as liver, kidney, pancreas, and lung transplantation. You’ll find practical, step-by-step guidance on preoperative, intra-operative, and post-operative clinical decision making, helping you hone your skills and incorporate today’s innovative approaches into your surgical practice.Key Features
- More than 80 global contributors known for their technical expertise share their knowledge and skills.
- Each clinical issue is discussed in the same easy-to-follow format: definition, differential diagnosis, patient history and physical findings, imaging and other diagnostic studies, surgical management, techniques, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
- Comprehensive coverage keeps you up to date on every aspect of the field , including the management of complex portal hypertension in children and adults.
- Full-color, step-by-step explanations of operative procedures help you master each technique, avoid complications, and anticipate outcomes.
- Extensive tables and bulleted text allow for quick and easy reference, while intraoperative photographs provide a surgeons-eye view of each procedure.
- Ideal for anyone involved in transplantation, including medical students, residents, transplant physicians, surgical trainees, and practicing transplant surgeons.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation .
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web.
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation.
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text.
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues.
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.
Login to buy access to this content.
What's Your Reaction?