“The reader can pick and choose between well-organized foundational material on important topics such as the history of hip surgery, hip anatomy, operative approaches, biomechanics, biomaterials, hip pathology, and state-of-the-art material on today’s hottest topics such as hip exposures, taper corrosion, and the latest management of difficult challenges in primary and revision hip surgery. The new edition also covers new topics that have become increasingly important to hip surgeons in recent years: quality, outcomes measurements, cost and value.” – from the Foreword by Daniel J. Berry, MD
- Make the best decisions on the management of each patient with comprehensive coverage of every topic in open and arthroscopic adult hip surgery.
- Master all of the latest technological and scientific knowledge , including the most current understanding of metal ion creation and systemic distribution; the manufacture and modification of new materials and material combinations, including ceramics and plastics; and much more.
- Effectively manage metal-on-metal articulations as well as head-taper and dual-taper corrosions .
- Successfully interpret findings from the newest imaging technologies and other testing modalities.
- Take full advantage of the latest strategies for diagnosing, preventing, and treating infection.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition , which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages , references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Login to buy access to this content.